Thursday, September 30, 2010

Big New Project.

It's been a while since I built something from scratch.  The time has come, and I have a gorgeous project.  I'm building a couch.  It's for a client.  A ground up, 100% custom piece of furniture.

While I was up in Portland last week I picked up a lot of the materials.  Today I picked up the the materials for the skeleton and started sawing lengths for the structure.  Tomorrow I pick up a few more items at the hardware store, and begin doing some major cutting and shaping, and assembling.

I'm getting so excited for the finished product that I get choked up just thinking about it, and talking about it.  It is totally revolutionizing my portfolio.  I'll insert photos later.  I'll post the raw materials, and  the process as it starts to take shape, all the way up until the unveiling of my new masterpiece.

Just had to get this out, so now I can sleep, and tomorrow I shall make more couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment