Thursday, July 12, 2012

Sometime the road just don't let ya go.

I've been on the road now for 23 days. I left with one pair of underwear, three pairs of sox (one pair fled), two t-shirts, a grey hoodie, my guitar and sleeping bag. Wearing the jeans and vest I made, I pulled my boots on, and started galavanting around the pacific northwest on my dear sweet moto. It was this 23rd day, two days away from home, that I found out I was changing course. That I wouldn't be home for another 7 to 10 days. A coastal camping trip is my most recent opportunity. So I'm taking it. By the end of next week I will have spent my birthday on the road, the way it should be.
So for now, I'm waking up slowly, with a coffee and an old western called One Eyed Jacks. I'm hitting the road at some point today. Just taking my time and aiming south. Saying goodbye to Oregon and hello to California.
There's way more adventure to tell, but that's going to all unravel when I land back at the homestead.
See you on the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment