Thursday, July 8, 2010

Adventures in Wonderland

So I went wakeboarding today and am learning to barefoot ski.  I'm feeling athletic again.  Which is good cause I've been craving athleticism and adventure, like backpacking, hiking, mountainbiking, skateboarding, weight training, and just pushing my limits, cause my limits haven't been pushed in a while.

The other day when I was driving home I had a semi truck almost drive me off the road.  I had one leg perched up on the dash board to my right and I was facebooking, so when I looked up and saw a semi truck moving half way into my lane, I dropped my phone fumbled with what leg and foot and hands were going where and what responsibilities they had to resume.  My heart pounded so hard it hit the windshield. I drove into the shoulder a little bit, and guess what I did next.......  I smiled.  I was challenged.  I was scared.  And you know what?  It felt fucking great!!!   Most people would have cursed and made hand gestures at the semi as they drove past, but I smiled and I held the wheel with one arm, and chuckled to myself that that was the thing that I needed the most in my life.  Right there, that very moment, I was the happiest that I've been in a long time.

  So where do I go from here?  What do I do to satisfy that need?  I need a real hair raising challenge or adventure and I'm looking for it.  Riding fast and leaving towns faster hoping that the journey and the destination will present me with the golden ticket to end my long search for this challenging comfort and happiness and belonging, wherever it is.

So lately I've been trying to think where my talents could be utilized most and I could bring something special to the world.  So that I have purpose, other than vagabond biker hippie.  So here I go:  I want to make my designer furniture and I also want to do some creative "wiring" projects (electrical).  I also want to write motorcycle stories for magazines, since I'm such a biker adventurer.  I also want to film socio-political movies that get to the heart of real issues that we face in the world and from my muckraking perspective.  I want to publish a book on my life to date.  I want to work in Commercial Advertising.  I want to have another couple of musical careers, both punk and acoustic.  I want to tour the world with my music.  I want to have furniture clients all over the world.  I want to design and build great things.  Create and produce.  Love and not hate.  Give and not take.  And find love for myself.


here have a photo:

No comments:

Post a Comment