Friday, July 16, 2010

Birthday ride to Canada: 1 day away.

It is the day before I ride out to my first stop in San Francisco.  It also happens to be the first day that I'm celebrating my birthday with peeps and last day I'll be in my home town until my trip chews me up and spits me back out, and thus I return home.  
So tonight I'm having a bonfire/drinking shindig at a friends house in Jamestown to get me nice and hungover for the first leg of my ride Saturday morning.  Happy Birthday to me.
In the meantime, I'm rolling things up, and putting things on to make sure I have all the necessities, like: phone charger, fang brush, fang paste, some tools, 550 cord, an extra pair of chonies, extra pair of sox, sweatshirt, poncho, blazer, hair goop, and maybe another shirt, and that should do it for necessities.  Just a shirt, jeans, boots, that's all I need.  For more tips on how to pack light, just ask.  


But so far the trip has been working itself and little details out just nicely.  Like my Vancouver contact came through with a couch for me while I'm there.  And luckily I'm coming into town during some wonderful and unexpected festivities that shall be a blast.  A great reception shall I say.  


My friends are working out river trips all the way up, for instance, Russian River Monday when I leave the Bay, Sandy Bar on the Trinity for when I get to Arcata the 20th, Portland river trips on Sunday the 25th, and checking out the town with the locals, then up to Vancouver for the ending festivities.


Meanwhile I'll be writing you more about my adventure as it unfolds, and boy will it unravel with the best of times.  Happy Birthday to me.  


Here have photo....

No comments:

Post a Comment