Tuesday, January 18, 2011

3 weeks

I swear it's been longer than 3 weeks that I've been in LA. So it probably has, but when everyday is a weekend, you easily lose track of time. Ready to plunge head first into a full-time job. Ready to dive into my own place. Ready to "try something new. I might like it," as my fortune cookie so recommended. So Loves come and go. And the one thing that I can always come back to is the open road. But this time, I'm sitting here, and reinventing the wheel. And the more challenging life is at this point the more entertained I am.
LA has so much to explore, I feel like I can be in the mix, or just kicking back at home, but at least I have choices.
The local sushi owner has proclaimed himself my new drinking buddy.
I found a rad venue to go watch rad free bands on Monday nights.
There are tons of spots that I've not explored yet, that my friends are all telling me that I'd love, so now it's just a matter of time before I get in there and see what each new scene has to offer. I love this wealth of diversity and choice. New faces, new places.
The girl at my favorite happy hour watering hole greets me like a local now. I like that spot cause it feels like I'm in SF.
The people at the taco stand all greet me like I was an old friend.
I made friends at this one coffee shop, where the employees share music with me, and we talk about fun stuff to do. They're ever so helpful with the recommendations.
I am going to craft night.
I am going to teach 20 school kids how to play guitar.
I am going to master the electrical trade. And wrench on bikes at my favorite bike shop.
I'm going to continue making things. And this morning I dreamed up a painting that I want to work on.
And the band I'm now the guitarist for, well, stay tuned for our monthly residency gigs.

The glass is full.

No comments:

Post a Comment