Thursday, February 24, 2011

weather the weather.

Last night I went out. I was tired of driving my truck because of the damn weather, so being as it was a dry evening I took off on the bike. But you know what? It's still F'ing cold as hell.
Before I left the house I put on an extra pair of longjohns, my flannel, and leather jacket, although I had been eyeballing the P-coat. I wasn't feeling too fancy, so I decided to keep my converse on instead of changing into my riding boots, even though my riding boots do double as suitable accoutrement for any social encounter, but whatever, I wore my sneakers. And then I'm reminded of how I always forget the magnanimity of suckiness that converse rate in the insulation department when it's cold out. Oh, well. That's what I get from the irony of comfort (slash) laziness.
Anyway, I took the bike out on the town. Sharing brief moments of frozen biker camaraderie with other riders that I saw. Sharing the freeze can always make one relate to the other. And thus was my brisk refreshing little spin, dodgily through and around the dingy, pot-holed doom, which comprise the dimly lit streets of LA.

No comments:

Post a Comment