Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Big Sucker!

Today as I was milling about the house in my old dirt bike hoodie and my old military issue pants, coffee in one hand, applying polishing wax to my moto with the other, I heard a knock at the door.  I said, "who could that be?"  So I put my polishing rag down and got up to look through the peep hole.  I didn't see anything but empty hallway both ways through that fisheye peeper.  But I was like, "maybe someone walked away and I can still catch em."  So I opened the door.  Nobody to be seen, and no distant footsteps to be heard in either direction.  But there was an object down by my feet I noticed in my periphery.  There it was, ordered on Monday, and at my door step Wednesday morning.  This was better than Christmas.  It was my new performance Arlen Ness Big Sucker air cleaner kit.  
I screamed.  It's ok to scream for things relating to motorcycles.  Yes it is.
  
     I quickly ran over and placed it in the prospective assembly area and arranged my necessary tools for the job.  I went to work immediately.  That's the good thing about being ADD.  When you're really interested in something, nothing will stop you from accomplishing your mission, completing your task, and I mean NOTHING.  20 minutes later some minimal reading of instructions, and heavy detail to an online Arlen Ness Big Sucker installation video (see I hate to read funny as that is), and she was all installed.  I hate to read so much, that I happened to skip a step or two and had to replace one set of bolts with some other ones, cause I even worked ahead of the video.  Just when I thought they'd given me some spare bolts, I finished the video, the part where he puts the long bolts on instead of the short ones.  Moral of that mistake? Just because the bolts fit the hole, didn't mean they were the bolts that belonged in those holes.  

    So I finally got everything in its appropriate position, and the whole thing came out looking like it was supposed to.  

Now to give my precious moto an oil filter change, pipe upgrades (stay tuned for my pipe decision making).  Oh, and a computer mapping download, which I'm wondering how long I can get away without.  Nonetheless, fun things to come with this dirty biker.

See you on the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment