Monday, September 5, 2016

I Love South Dakota!

Today was my favorite! Woke up in Keystone, after getting whiskey bent last night at the Red Garter Saloon. Mt. Rushmore was rad yesterday. Surreal seeing it after all these years of life. And the last couple days I've been just soaking up all the scenery and rides and experiences and haven't been posting updates, but here I am. Just finished rolling all over the Custer and Black Hills National and State parks scenic rides, like Spearfish Canyon, and Deadwood, getting to minigolf! Here in South Dakota. I got to do a fair amount of fishing, as I had set out to do. You know at least cast a line in a few gorgeous lakes using a really scary lure. But today right after riding through the gorgeous Needles highway, we jumped onto the Wildlife Scenic Loop through lower Custer state park, and that's where ALL the BUFFALO were. Right up close an personal. So personal that a mama buffalo decided to charge me. And I got to do some epic off-roading to avert her fury. I launched off the roadway into the adjoining field where all the buffalo were grazing. And I rode through an turned around on a gravel road and them headed back to the road. That mama buffalo was still there and there I was facing her. And I knew she'd charge again if I rode by her, so I gestured for a van to roll by and I'd roll around them so that mama buffalo wouldn't see me roll by. But she saw me scurry around and come out from behind it, and she made one last little lunge and I pretty much was just riding and weaving through all the stopped traffic and the thick of the herd surrounding the road. That was so much FUN!!!! Favorite experience so far. And the scenery, the bare rolling hills and sparsely laid forests, the babbling brooks rolling through open fields of grazing buffalo, and single lane bridges. Gorgeous. Just gorgeous.
Needles Hwy, Custer State Park, South Dakota.

I'm noticing this slumbering buffalo in the grass ahead of me,
while using natures restroom. 

All the BUFFALO.  All of em. 

No comments:

Post a Comment