Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Tires, Bearings, Tubes.

I just ordered all these fantastic things.  My bike is in skeletal form on a lift, at the moment.  And I'm doing major front and rear overhaul maintenance.  She'll be ridin mean and clean after this.
Damn bearings can be expensive, if you go to a Harley shop.  And that's why we don't do these things to our pocket books.  If I had a Harley shop, I'd low ball all my prices, just to piss all those pretentiously ritzy Harley Dealerships off.  Oh, yes I would.  Cause I'm not a greedy bastard.

So they wanted 30$ for one bearing.  That's when I said, thanks but no thanks.  That's the price you pay for needing things on the spot.  Well, I'm willing to wait for a couple days or my mail to arrive.

Front Wheel Bearing kit (includes 2 bearings):  25$   (hail to the cheapf)

Rear Wheel Bearing Kit (includes 2 bearings): 25$   (again hail to the cheapf)

This time around I'm trying some vintage tires out:

Front tire: 80$

Rear tire: 85$

Rear tube: 16$

Way I figure it, I'm saving a lot of money doing all the maintenance myself, and a little shopping and I saved a grip of dough.  Let's see how they handle off-road, cause that's the first place I'm heading.

Nothing like affordability, to get you rollin again.

My new tires are sittin here waiting to go on, but first I need to give those old spokes a good truing.  So I'm getting my rear wheel on the stand tonight and settin her up nice and straight.  I'm betting I'll find a hop or a wobble, or both.  Crossing my fingers it's not that bad.

See ya round!


1 comment:

  1. see, you learn something new every day. I don't ever intend to be doing any greasing but this is a good tip to keep your hands clean so you can take more progress photos
    babbit bearings

    ReplyDelete